Today, the Cottager is owned and operated by Mercury Publications Ltd., a 70 year old publishing company based in Winnipeg. But the original vision of the founders continues with publisher Frank Yeo, an avid cottager who divides his time between Black Sturgeon Lake in Northwestern Ontario and Victoria Beach, Manitoba.
Why read The Cottager?
The Cottager is the only publication dedicated to cottage owners in Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario, and those who enjoy life at the lake. Now in our 25th year of publication, we profile unique cottages, cottagers and lakeside living, covering everything from real estate trends to renovations, as well as boating, fishing and outdoor activities on and off the water.
The Cottager is the only publication specifically dedicated to cottage owners in Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario. As a Manitoba-owned and operated publication, The Cottager understands the needs, wants and desires of those enjoying cottage life because we, too, are cottagers who know and love the lakeside lifestyle.
- Published five times a year (March, May, July, September & November) for cottage owners and those who enjoy cottage country in Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario.
- Celebrating 26 years of publishing
- Distributed to 10,000 cottage owners, per issue.
- Located in more than 200 newsstands in Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario
- Regularly features information about: real estate trends, product news, cottage style, cuisine and profiles of cottage country, as well as Do-It-Yourself projects, ideas for green living and renovation tips.
- Regularly lists cottages for sale or rent in Manitoba and Northwestern Ontario.